June 19-24, 2017
Hosted By: Dalton, Georgia
Welcome to the 2017 Georgia Police and Fire Games
The Georgia Police and Fire Games were established to recognize and honor those who work full time in the profession of law enforcement and or fire fighting. These men and women risk it all each tour of duty and work not for the money but for the call to duty and the honor to serve.
These Games are open to active and retired law enforcement officers and firefighters in every state in the US.
To participate in the Games you must be:
1. A full-time, salaried employee of a Federal agency in the field of law enforcement or fire-fighting;
2. A full-time, salaried employee of a State agency in the field of law enforcement or fire-fighting;
3. A full-time, salaried employee of a local municipality or city in the field of law enforcement or fire-fighting;
4. A retiree from any of the above agencies in either the field of law enforcement or fire-fighting having served ten or more years of honorable service.
5. All participants will be required to present current employment IDs or retirement IDs (if available) as proof of eligibility prior to competing.
As of 2017, officers may combine with other agencies to field team sporting events involving five or more players for team play. By submitting application to participate in these games, each officer attests that he or she meets the above stated requirements. Electronic signature or written signature is recognized as an oath per law. Any falsified applications for participation in these games will be considered an attempt to impersonate an Officer under OCGA 16-10-23 and investigated as such.